Home » News » Project News
- Damascus United Methodist Church September 9, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions is pleased to announce its partnership with the Damascus United Methodist Church to help with their development of a long-term facility capital improvement plan. Selected through a competitive process, GFS provided Damascus UMC with a complete audit of their facility located in Damascus, MD. After conducting an engineering feasibility study, GFS developed a capital equipment upgrade plan. The enhanced HVAC system will improve efficiency and reliability so that Damascus UMC can focus on what they do best...
Read More »
- Thermal Imaging Detects Missing Insulation July 8, 2019 - Hidden Energy Losses During an energy audit conducted in an elementary school classroom, pictures were taken with an everyday camera and an infrared thermal camera. The first image does not provide any indication of an issue with the thermal barrier above the ceiling fan. However, the blue portion of the thermal image clearly shows an area where the insulating factor is greatly reduced. The lack of insulation increases energy costs while causing cold drafts and comfort issues. Learn more about...
Read More »
- Commissioning Agent Services for Johns Hopkins Medicine’s new Green Spring Station Pavilion III June 5, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions recently completed Commissioning Agent Services for Johns Hopkins Medicine’s new Green Spring Station Pavilion III. The GFS team performed fundamental commissioning of the HVAC systems and controls to verify and document that energy-related systems were installed, calibrated and performing according to the design intent and the owner’s project requirements.
- New Project – Engineering Design, Contractor Bidding & Construction Administration for Jones Lang LaSalle May 16, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions is pleased to continue working with Jones Lang LaSalle at 700 13th Street, NW, Washington, DC. GFS will provide engineering design, contractor bidding and construction administration services to replace the building’s emergency generator.
- Energy Audits for New Clients – Healthy Neighborhoods, Our Lady of Good Counsel High School and Tax Analysts May 13, 2019 - Did you know? Energy audits can determine how much energy your facility uses, diagnose problem areas and identify ways to make your building more energy efficient. Global Facility Solutions is pleased to conduct energy facility audits for the following new clients: Healthy Neighborhoods, Our Lady of Good Counsel and Tax Analysts.
- New Project – Commissioning Services for Corporation for Public Broadcasting with Jones Lang LaSalle April 29, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions is pleased to partner with Jones Lang LaSalle and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. During a two-floor tenant renovation and improvement project at the CPB headquarters in Washington, D.C., GFS will provide commissioning services for HVAC controls, electrical systems, lighting controls and safety systems.
- New Project – Energy Savings Analysis for Clorox Manufacturing Company April 5, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions is proud to provide technical services consulting and energy savings analysis to Clorox Manufacturing Company. Pictured here, Senior Mechanical Engineer Jack Stitz conducts a facility audit to determine the feasibility of energy conservation measures. The ultimate goal is to recommend upgrades that will reduce energy consumption and qualify the facility for BGE Smart Energy Custom Rebates.
- New Project – Commissioning Agent for Howard County Government March 5, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions is proud to announce our partnership with Howard County Government to provide commissioning services at three new county office locations. GFS will act as the Commissioning Agent and perform Functional Testing of the HVAC systems, building automation/controls and emergency generator systems located at two County office locations and one stand-alone data center facility.
- Boiler Plant Decentralization at Ft. Detrick Army Installation January 28, 2019 - Global Facility Solutions, working under the prime UESC energy contractor, WGL Energy, performed a Boiler Plant Decentralization project at the Ft. Detrick Army Installation located in Frederick, Maryland. The goal of the project was to reduce annual energy costs by shutting down the older central steam plant. This objective was achieved by decentralizing facilities receiving steam heating from the central plant and installing separate higher efficiency heating systems located directly in the buildings they serve. The installation of the new boiler systems...
Read More »
- Global Facility Solutions Completes Engineering and Construction Management at Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, Baltimore October 7, 2018 - Global Facility Solutions completed the Engineering Design and Construction Management for the installation of a new central heating and domestic hot water system at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel located in Baltimore, MD. GFS provided construction management services for the installation of gas-fired heating and domestic hot water boilers and electric steam boilers to replace existing third-party delivered steam systems. To support the installation of new systems, GFS developed engineering permit drawings, managed contractor bidding and selection, and provided construction management on behalf of hotel ownership. GFS...
Read More »