BUILDING SUSTAINABILITY & ESG PROGRAMS ANALYST
Global Facility Solutions (GFS) is seeking a motivated individual with the ability to interact with internal team members as well as client team members on sustainability and ESG (Environmental Social Governance) programs and strategies for commercial real estate investment portfolios. This role will support and report to the Sustainability Program Director. This is a full-time opportunity to apply your enthusiasm for sustainability and ESG strategies to support national clients primarily in the commercial real estate market throughout the U.S.
GFS provides energy and engineering solutions to the commercial, federal, state and local government business sectors on a nationwide basis. We have been in business for 16 years and over that time have developed client relationships with Fortune 500 commercial organizations across the U.S. with a large Federal and State/Local government presence in the Mid-Atlantic. Headquartered in Columbia, MD, GFS offers unbiased solutions to our customers building and sustainability needs. Come join our diverse team of engineers and sustainability professionals and grow your career.
- This role is focused on the sustainability and ESG lines of business but will provide support to the engineering and energy efficiency development business as well.
- Work with the Sustainability Program Director and other internal GFS technical team members to develop and execute overall client strategy and program implementation.
- Reporting – generate site and portfolio reports from data management systems regarding energy consumption and projected consumption based on conservation opportunities.
- Energy Analysis–analyze properties within the portfolio for trends and anomalies in energy consumption utilizing Energy Star Portfolio manager and 3rd party utility monitoring platforms.
- Energy Star and Portfolio Manager data entry – assist with the regular updates to Energy Star Portfolio Manager including coordination of input data with client property teams and utility bill inputs.
- Sustainability Analysis – analyze utility trends including electricity, fossil fuels, recycling and water trends for commercial properties.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of utility data, property data, etc. in databases to ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting.
- Complete benchmarking reports for submission to local city jurisdictions per jurisdictional ordinances.
- Teamwork – Participate on building evaluation projects with the Energy/Engineering Team. Actively communicate progress to the portfolio program manager, the facilities management team and the client.
- Engage with clients by maintaining key customer relationships to create opportunities for client growth. Visit client sites as needed to meet with the client or oversee work of our project team.
- Regularly review client deliverables for quality control and budget accountability, ensuring the work is accurate, on time, on budget and meets the client’s needs.
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
- BA/BS in math, finance, engineering, IT or similar analytical discipline.
- 1+ year(s) of related work experience or internships with knowledge of energy efficiency, sustainability concepts, GHG Emissions Inventory and LEED frameworks, preferred.
- Proficient in using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics. Must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting.
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio Manager or similar energy benchmarking tools preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, project management, and follow-through.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work across multiple departments and units within an organization.
- Periodic travel will be required for visits to client sites and commercial buildings in major metropolitan areas throughout the U.S.
- Full-time role and salary
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare available
- LTD/STD and Life Insurances
- Vacation and Sick Days
This position is based out of Columbia, MD, with the opportunity of a hybrid work schedule. Please refer to our website for additional information related to the business as well as employee benefits.