Seeking Experienced Mechanical Engineer – Immediate Opening
We have an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team of professionals in this fast-growing Energy Engineering Industry. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 2–3 years of experience working with the design and engineering of commercial building HVAC systems as well as energy evaluations and energy savings calculations. The ideal candidate would be familiar with the design of commercial HVAC systems and possess the ability to identify building operational issues as well as potential Energy Conservation Measures. Candidate will have the opportunity to work on various projects with HVAC systems and building operations including MEP design, commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy audits and building operations trouble shooting.
Global Facility Solutions offers commercial building engineering services with a focus on providing customers with Objective energy and facility solutions to help optimize building performance and reduce operating costs. Our customers are provided with a full range of services including MEP Engineering Design, Energy Auditing, Energy Retrofits, Retro-Commissioning Services, Commissioning Services, LEED Consulting & Energy Star Services, Utility Rebates & Energy Modeling and Construction Management Services.Our energy and engineering expertise is built on 30 years of industry experience. We primarily serve clients in the Commercial, Educational, Higher Education and Government marketplaces.
Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Global Facility Solutions is a privately held company that operates nationwide as an independent and objective solution provider.
The Candidate should possess at a minimum:
- Experience with the design and engineering of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for the commercial and governmental markets including general office buildings and educational buildings.
- Experience with and ability to develop HVAC drawings from concept through construction documentation using AutoCAD.
- Experience with commercial building mechanical systems such as HVAC, motors, distribution systems, central plants and control systems. Knowledge of HVAC equipment such as chillers, air handlers and chilled/heating water distribution networks, pipe and ductwork sizing.
- Experience with performing cooling and heating load calculations using Trane Trace including building energy saving simulations and energy savings calculations.
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2-3years of experience working with commercial HVAC systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), AutoCAD by Autodesk, Trane Trace 700 Software
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Submit your resume in confidence to: HR@gfsolutionsllc.com