We have an immediate need for an Energy Engineer to join our team in this fast-growing Energy Engineering Industry. We are seeking a motivated individual with the ability to interact with internal team members as well as client team members. Candidate will have the opportunity to work on various projects with HVAC systems and building operations including MEP design, commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy audits, sustainability/ESG programs, and building operations trouble shooting.
Global Facility Solutions provides energy and engineering solutions to the commercial, federal, state and local government business sectors on a nationwide basis. Headquartered in Columbia, MD, GFS offers unbiased solutions to our customers building and sustainability needs. Come join our diverse team of engineers and sustainability professionals and grow your career!
- Provide support to multiple departments including engineering, M&V, and sustainability.
- Conduct building assessments to analyze HVAC, water, building envelope, and more; make retrofit recommendations based on impacts of energy, operational, and environmental savings.
- Work with clients to develop and implement customized commissioning or retro-commissioning plans and provide guidance on available utility rebate programs when applicable.
- Set up BAS trends, install data logging equipment, and analyze collected data.
- Assist with identifying and evaluating energy conservation measures (ECM) using energy modeling and spreadsheet analysis.
- Assist with ECM write-ups for proposals and investment grade audits.
- Analyze utility trends for commercial properties to determine customer energy performance.
- Assist with evaluating renewable energy and resilience opportunities.
- Research into emerging markets such as battery energy storage, microgrids, electrification of transportation, etc.
- Engage with clients by maintaining key customer relationships to create opportunities for client growth.
- Regularly review client deliverables for quality control and budget accountability, ensuring the work is accurate, on time, on budget and meets the client’s needs.
- Full-time role and salary
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare available
- LTD/STD and Life Insurances
- Vacation and Sick Days
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline (e.g., Electrical, Architectural, Environmental) or other related field (e.g., Energy Studies, Sustainability).
- 1-3 year(s) of experience in Engineering or other related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Trane Trace, building energy modeling software (eQUEST, EnergyPlus) and renewable energy tools.
- Proficiency with remote communication tools (MS Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, etc.).
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Some overnight travel is required.
Submit your resume in confidence to: HR@gfsolutionsllc.com